Craft breweries are to the Jersey Shore like wineries are to the Napa Valley — plentiful and worth a visit! We’re slowly but surely making our way through the many breweries up and down the Jersey coast, and we invite you to join us! Here’s a list of our favorites so far.
- Beach Haus Brewer: This little slice of heaven is hands down one of the best breweries you will find on the Jersey Shore. They have an amazing selection of craft beers, sure to please all beer lovers, and they are currently welcoming guests back to their outdoor court. They also offer home delivery to the surrounding counties. Located at 801 Main St, Belmar, NJ, 07719.
- Little Dog Brewing Co.: They may be a small brewery in Neptune City, but they have great taste in beer! Little Dog Brewing Co. specializes in German-style beers, and their love for dogs is showcased as soon as you step foot inside. Currently, they have outdoor patio seating available and beer-to-go. Located at 141 Steiner Ave, Neptune City, NJ, 07753.
- Last Wave Brewing Company: Locals and tourists alike flock to the Last Wave Brewing Company for its inviting atmosphere, friendly service, and delicious beer selection. Their outdoor beer garden remains open and welcoming to guests, and they offer to-go services as well. Located at 601 Bay Ave, Point Pleasant Beach, NJ, 08742.
- Frye Brewing: This mom-and-pop microbrewery may just be the best place to find your next favorite American Amber, Blonde Ale, or IPA. As of July 4th, they are open and serving interested customers, so go pay them a visit! Located at 2257 Bridge Ace, Point Pleasant, NJ, 08742.
- Icarus Brewing: This young brewery has already made quite a splash among New Jersey beer lovers for their wide variety of handcrafted beers that include pale ales, stouts, farmhouse ales, and, most importantly, IPAs, a must-try for IPA-lovers. Icarus Brewing has released a few new beers lately, which we’re super excited to try, and they offer delivery to 14 different New Jersey counties! Located at 1790 Swarthmore Avenue, Lakewood, NJ, 08701.
- Heavy Reel Brewing Co.: Don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone here; you’ll be glad you did! Heavy Reel Brewing Co. offers an eclectic mix of craft beers that will have you coming back for more and more and more! You can order their beer online for pickup or delivery. Located at 613 Boulevard, Seaside Heights, NJ, 08751.
- Artisan’s Restaurant & Brewery: Good food and good beer are waiting for you at Artisan’s Restaurant & Brewery! Their beautiful establishment, savory cuisine, and delicious beer will make you feel like you’ve taken a trip to the Italian countryside. Get delivery and takeout, so you can enjoy your favorite meal and beer combos at home. Located at 1171 Hooper Ave Toms River, NJ, 08753.
- Toms River Brewing: Formerly known as Rinn Duin Brewing, this local brewery recently underwent a bit of a transformation, and we love it! Their expanded selection is perfect for everyone, from new tasters to seasoned beer enthusiasts. We encourage you to check it out by visiting their outdoor beer garden, or placing a pickup/delivery order. Located at 1540 Rt 37 W Toms River, NJ, 08755.
Island Beach State Park
- Backward Flag Brewing: There’s so much to say about Backward Flag Brewing that we don’t even know where to start! Besides having an incredible variety of IPAs, pale ales, and other beers, this local brewery stands out above the rest for their dedication to vets and first responders, as well as their outstanding customer service. Their “Beer Bunker” is open for all interested patrons, and they offer pickup and delivery as well. Located at 699 Challenger Way, Forked River, NJ, 08731.
- Oyster Creek Brewing: A short drive away from Barnegat Light is Oyster Creek Brewing, which is well-known for its delicious gluten-reduced beer recipes. As they say at Oyster Creek, “It’s what’s on the inside that counts!” Frankly, we couldn’t agree more because their beer is out of this world. Order online today! Located at 529 U.S. 9 #5, Waretown, NJ, 08758.
Long Beach Island
- ManaFirkin Brewing Company: There’s no shortage of beer here! Seriously. ManaFirkin has the widest selection of taproom beer in the entire state of New Jersey, with over 30 different beers on tap. You don’t want to miss out, so we suggest you pay their beer garden a visit on your next available weekend. Located at 450 E Bay Ave, Manahawkin, NJ, 08050.
- Ship Bottom Brewery: This nautical-themed brewery is the perfect weekend getaway for beach lovers and beer lovers alike. They carry everything from India pale ales to Mexican stouts, so everyone can find something they enjoy here. Although their tasting room isn’t open at the moment due to COVID concerns, you can visit their beer garden at Linvilla Orchards if you want to take a short road trip into Pennsylvania. Otherwise, you’re free to order curbside pickup and delivery. Located at 830 N Bay Ave Store 23, Beach Haven, NJ, 08008.
- Pinelands Brewing: With Pineland Brewing, it’s back to the basics. Using only malted grains, yeast, hops, and the purest water sourced from Kirkwood-Cohansey Aquifer, they have been able to create some of the most exquisite beers in the state! Plus, they only use locally-sourced ingredients, so by supporting Pineland Brewing, you’re also supporting local businesses. Their outdoor space is currently open for customers to enjoy and features live music. Located at 140 7th Ave, Ste 15, Little Egg Harbor, New Jersey 08087.
- Hidden Sands Brewing Company: If you’re looking for a brewery that prioritizes quality above all else and uses locally sourced ingredients, you’ll love Hidden Sands Brewing Company. Their Beer Garden is open to the public, and online ordering and curbside pickup are still available as well. Located at 6754 Washington Avenue Unit B, Egg Harbor Township, NJ, 08234.
- Tun Tavern Restaurant & Brewery: Just a short hop, skip, and a jump away from your favorite casinos sits Tun Tavern, a local restaurant and brewery that’s loved by locals and tourists alike, and has been for over 20 years! Enjoy a nice, cold beer on their outdoor deck the next time you visit Atlantic City. Located at 2 Convention Blvd. Atlantic City, NJ, 08401.
- Somers Point Brewing Company: Since Ocean City is a dry town, you’ll need to take a short road trip to visit Somers Point Brewing Company, but we promise you won’t regret it! Their craft selection is refreshing and tasty, especially during these hot Jersey days! Like most breweries, they offer outdoor seating alongside takeout beer orders. Located at 705 West New York Avenue, Somers Point, NJ, 08244.
- Mudhen Brewing: Come for the smokehouse, stay for the beer. This New Jersey brewery will be the highlight of your Wildwood trip! With live music, delicious food, and even more delicious beer, what more could we ask for? Their outdoor dining is first-come, first-serve, but they also do delivery and pickup. Located at 127 W Rio Grande Ave, Wildwood, NJ, 08260.
- Avalon Brew Pub: This isn’t your typical brewery. The Avalon Brew Pub takes things to the next level with rich handcrafted brews and five-star cuisine. You can treat yourself to the finer things in life when you visit this gastropub for outdoor dining and drinks. Located at 125 79th St, Avalon, NJ, 08202.
- Cape May Brewing Company: There’s no better place for beer enthusiasts to enjoy a day in Cape May! Cape May Brewing Company is a staple of their local shore town because they offer a ubiquitous variety of beer, so everyone can enjoy themselves, and they’re always crafting new selections. Visit their outdoor seating or order delivery or curbside pickup the next time you’re in town! Located at 1288 Hornet Rd, Rio Grande, NJ, 08204.
- Slack Tide Brewing: If you’re looking for a laidback brewery with amazing beers, you won’t have to search much further than Slack Tide Brewing. Their brews are the perfect refreshment for a day at the shore, so we encourage you to pay them a visit. Located at 1072 Route 83 Unit 3, Clermont, NJ, 08210.
- Bucket Brigade Brewery: You don’t have to worry about not having access to your favorite drinks this summer because the “thirst responders” are always on call! Established in 2017 by two firefighters, the Bucket Brigade always has the hottest brews available for sale. Order online or visit their shop today! Located at 205 N Main St, Cape May Court House, NJ, 08210.
- 7 Mile Brewery: Last, but certainly not least, is 7 Mile Brewery, a craft beer paradise for those frequenting Cape May beaches and other outdoor activities. Their outdoor beer garden is open for enjoying the best beer in southern New Jersey alongside live music on the weekends. Located at 3156 Rte 9 S, Rio Grande, NJ, 08242.
Are you planning to make a day from your visit to one of these breweries? Well, don’t drink and drive! We have plenty of Jersey Shore houses for rent at affordable prices. Whether you’re looking for a quiet Belmar beach house or a Cape May rental with a pool, all you have to do is browse Shore Summer Rentals to find your next mini-vacation home. Contact us for help or to learn more.