IMPORTANT: We do not sell, rent or otherwise disclose your personal information to any third parties, including but not limited to advertisers, strategic partners or vendors. Again, we take your privacy very seriously.
When you create an account with ShoreSummerRentals.com, sign up to receive offers or information, or contact an owner/host through our platform, you give us your personal information. We also collect such information through automated technology such as cookies placed on your browser, with your consent where applicable, when you visit our sites or download and use our Apps.
We use your personal information for as described below:
· Provide services related to assist in securing a booking.
· Create, maintain, and update host and guest accounts on our platform
· Search history, accommodation and travel preferences
· Collect and rental reviews for your rental home
· Respond to your questions and requests for information
· Enable communication between hosts/owners and guests/renters.
· Contact you (such as by text message, email, phone calls, mail, push notifications, or messages on other communication platforms) to provide information like reservation requests, or for other purposes as described in this Privacy Statement.
· Market our rental lead services, optimize marketing to be more relevant to you, and analyze the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
· Administer promotions like contests, sweepstakes, and similar giveaways
· Conduct surveys, market research, and data analytics
· Maintain, improve, research, and measure the effectiveness of our sites and apps, activities, tools, and services
· Monitor or record calls, chats, and other communications with our customer service team and other representatives, as well as platform communications between or among partners and travelers for quality control, training, dispute resolution, and as described in this Privacy Statement
· Promote security, verify identity of our customers, prevent and investigate fraud and
unauthorized activities, defend against claims and other liabilities, and manage other risks
· Comply with applicable laws, protect our and our users’ rights and interest, defend ourselves, and respond to law enforcement, other legal authorities, and requests that are part of a legal process
· Comply with applicable security and anti-terrorism, anti-bribery, customs and immigration, and other such due diligence laws and requirements
· Operate our business using lawful business purposes and as permitted by law
Lawful bases for processing:
We will collect personal information from you only (i) where the personal information is necessary to perform a contract with you (e.g., manage your booking, process payments, or create an account at your request), (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights (as explained below), or (iii) where we have your consent to do so (e.g., sending you marketing communications where consent is required). In some cases, we will have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you such as where it is necessary to use your transaction history to complete our financial and tax obligations under the law.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
If we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or the legitimate interests of any third-party), this interest will typically be to operate or improve our platform and communicate with you as necessary to provide our services to you, for security verification purposes when you contact us, to respond to your queries, undertaking marketing, or for the purposes of potentially detecting or preventing illegal activities.
How is your personal information shared?
Your Choices and Rights
You have certain rights and choices with respect to your personal information. If you are a ShoreSummerRentals.com host or guest, and have an account with us, you may contact us directly regarding the issues listed below. Our contact details are included as well.
· Request information about the purpose of the processing activities
· Change your communication preferences
· Inquire about personal deletion
· Object to our use or disclosure of your personal information
· Restrict the processing of your personal information
· Update the accuracy of your information
How to Contact Us
What Information Is Collected?
When you use our platform or associated tools or services, we may collect the following kinds of personal information from you as needed:
At ShoreSummerRetals.com, we want you to know how we collect, use, share, and protect information about you. At various times you may give your personal data to us. For example, in order to send a request or inquiry from you to a property owner or manager, we may need to know all or some of the following: your full name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, your current location, and, in the case of a member's listing, a method of payment. You may also give personal data to us at other times, such as when registering on the Site or when submitting an advertisement for a property.
We also collect IP addresses, mobile device identifier details, your location, navigation and click-stream data, the time of accessing the website, homes you viewed, what you searched for, the duration of your visit, and other details of your activity on the Site. If you ask us to connect with other sites (for example if you ask us to connect with your Facebook account) we may get information that way too. We may also gather information from cookies or web beacons.
· Name, username, email address, telephone number, and home, business, and billing addressees (including street and postal code).
· Travel-related preferences and requests such as favorite destination and accommodation types, and special dietary and accessibility needs, as available
We gather and share information concerning the use of the Site by members and travelers with one or more third-party tracking companies for the purpose of reporting statistics. To do this, some of the pages you visit on our Site use electronic images placed in the web page code, called pixel tags (also called "clear GIFs" or "web beacons") that can serve many of the same purposes as cookies.
Web beacons may be used to track the traffic patterns of users from one page to another in order to maximize web traffic flow. Our third-party advertising service providers may also use web beacons to recognize you when you visit the Site and to help determine how you found the Site.
Third-Party Automated Collection and Interest-Based Advertising
ShoreSummerRentals.com participates in interest-based advertising (IBA), also known as Online Behavioral Advertising. We use third-party advertising companies to display ads tailored to your individual interests based on how you browse and shop online. ShoreSummerRentals.com adheres to the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) self-regulatory principles for IBA.
We allow third-party companies to collect certain information when you visit our websites or use our mobile applications. This information is used to serve ads for ShoreSummerRentals.com services when you visit this website or other websites. These companies use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over, hardware/software information, cookie and session ID) and personally identifiable information (e.g., static IP address) during your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These parties typically use a cookie, web beacon, or other similar tracking technologies to collect this information.
Our Do Not Track Policy: Some browsers have a “do not track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. To learn more about IBA or to opt-out of this type of advertising, visit the Network Advertising Initiative website and the Digital Advertising Alliance website. Options you select are browser and device specific.
Social Media Widgets
Our site includes social media features, such as the Facebook Like button, Google Plus, Pinterest, and Twitter widgets. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you’re visiting on our site, and they may set a cookie or employ other tracking technologies. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our site. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
How to Contact Us
1. Email us
2. Call us at 609-536-9306
3. Text us at 609-604-5539